What You Should Know:
– Orbita raises $9M for conversational AI-powered voice and chatbot platform co-led by Philips Health Technology Ventures and HealthX Ventures along with investors Cultivation Capital and Newark Venture Partners.
– Orbita’s powerful conversational AI platform enables healthcare organizations to cost-effectively create and manage HIPAA-compliant virtual healthcare assistants for consumer and clinical applications that increase patient engagement, reduce cost of care, and improve outcomes.
Orbita, a Boston, MA-based provider of conversational AI-powered voice and chatbot solutions for healthcare, announced today that it has secured $9M in Series A funding. Co-leading the round are Philips Health Technology Ventures, which manages a business-agnostic fund investing in future partners to drive Philips’ digital transformation, and HealthX Ventures, a digital healthcare-focused venture capital firm. Cultivation Capital and Newark Venture Partners also participated in the round.
Founded in 2015, Orbita’s powerful conversational AI platform enables healthcare organizations to cost-effectively create and manage HIPAA-compliant virtual healthcare assistants for consumer and clinical applications that increase patient engagement, reduce the cost of care, and improve outcomes. Orbita’s key offerings include:
– OrbitaENGAGE: tap into the power of virtual assistants to curate your Digital Front Door and reduce common barriers while helping patients discover your organization through next-generation digital marketing and conversational SEO.
– OrbitaASSIST: Virtual health assistant at the bedside that empowers hands-free patient-provider communication. Meet patients’ needs with conversational AI that prioritizes requests and smart-routes them to the right resource.
– OrbitaCONNECT: Supports the creation of virtual health assistants that engage, inform, and empower patients at home to manage their health through personalized patient education and guidance.
– Orbita for Life Sciences: Orbita partners with the largest organizations and agencies in the pharmaceutical and life sciences industries, to support patients across their journey through voice and chatbot conversational experiences.
– Orbita Employee Health Manager: Helps employers screen, check on, and manage employee populations, direct them to educational resources and provide work clearance.
Expanded COVID-19 Chatbot Solutions
On March 17, 2020, Orbita announced the availability of its no-cost Orbita COVID-19 chatbot with a rich knowledge base designed to deliver COVID-19-specific screening and question-answering.
Orbita has expanded its solutions to include:
Orbita COVID-19 Chatbot Screener and Navigator – To screen patients and direct them to the most relevant services including human agents, virtual visits, online scheduling, and specific patient education materials.
Orbita COVID-19 Health Checker – To support symptomatic and/or at-risk patients through secure assessments that can be delivered proactively through chatbot, text-message or phone calls at regularly scheduled intervals. One Orbita customer is checking in with a target population four times a day.
Orbita COVID-19 Employee Health Checker – For employers to screen, check on, and manage employee populations; to monitor employee health, direct employees to educational and supportive resources, and to provide clearance for work.
“Our mission has always been to transform lives through the power of voice and conversational AI,” said Bill Rogers, CEO at Orbita. “Thanks to our customers and partners, we’ve witnessed how virtual healthcare assistants based on our technology have improved both healthcare efficiency and quality. We’ve experienced this perhaps most significantly in recent weeks supporting the COVID-19 pandemic response