What You Should Know:
– Together, utilizing the cloud, Dedalus and AWS will offer customers around the world cost-optimization and agility via smart provisioning and need-based elasticity, built-in disaster recovery, as well as improved clinical system performance, reliability, availability, and security and compliance posture.
– Currently, Dedalus EHR products on AWS are deployed in more than 50 hospitals in the U.K., with additional migrations planned in 2023 and 2024. With cloud-based EHRs, customers lower their total cost of ownership, improve their security posture, can scale on demand, improve disaster recovery, and increase operational performance system-wide.
Transform the Digital Healthcare Ecosystem Globally
With Dedalus on AWS, Dedalus will offer global deployments across its expansive portfolio, including:
– Electronic health record (EHR) products powered by our digital platforms such as Digital Connect 4 Healthcare (DC4H), which run on AWS utilizing containers and microservices. Our digital platforms enable interoperability and a Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (FHIR)-based integrated care record so healthcare organizations can generate contextual and actionable insights from across multiple clinical and operational systems for informed and timely decision making.
– Integrated workflow services, such as the Integrated Healthcare Information Solution (HCIS), which support administrative, clinical and financial processes, including prescription and pharmacy management and surgical suite management platforms, to offer better and safer care for patients and a more efficient and flexible working environment for healthcare professionals.
– Connected care solutions through a multi-tenant platform that supports the continuity of care for patients from assessment in hospital or primary care settings, to the provisioning of social services, through care evaluation and financial management. This enables healthcare and service professionals across the wider healthcare ecosystem to support patient needs, including those of the elderly and medically complex, in an integrated way, while allowing patients themselves to play an active role.
– Enterprise scheduling and digital front door solutions, such as SwiftQueue, a market-leading cloud-native patient portal and an appointment and scheduling solution. Utilizing AWS, SwiftQueue enables more efficient, patient-designed processes for appointment booking and check-in, managing clinical workflows, referrals, and waiting lists.
– Medical imaging solutions, including PACSonWeb, an Enterprise Imaging solution based on a cloud-native architecture that enables an ecosystem with improved security features, fast and easy access to all digital images and reports. With a 100% web interface, it lowers the total cost of ownership and maintenance without installations.
By delivering these workloads on AWS, organizations can focus less on data center management and more on improving the quality of care and outcomes for the patients and communities they serve.
“We are finally seeing an acceleration in the healthcare community embracing a digital transformation,” said Andrea Fiumicelli, CEO of Dedalus Group. “We hear from our customers that they need solutions for the enormous challenges they face related to security, continuity, reliability, performance, and cost. Our customers have seen concrete benefits of utilizing AWS, like reducing operating costs by leveraging the elasticity of the cloud, as well as the reduced impact on carbon footprint and the performance improvement for end users.”