What You Need to Know:
– CVS Health today announced five new health and well-being point solutions available through Point Solutions Management after a comprehensive clinical, security and business evaluation process.
– These solutions address healthcare costs and support clinical outcomes in key areas, including chronic condition management, musculoskeletal health, stress reduction, and mental health management and caregiver support.
– The latest offerings include apps like Livongo for diabetes prevention/management, Hinge Health for digital-physical therapy and Hello Heart, focused on heart health through offerings such as a blood pressure monitor and physical activity tracker.
CVS Health today added five new health and well-being point solution vendors to its Point Solutions Management service following a comprehensive clinical, security and business evaluation process. Point Solutions Management is a full-service offering that enables CVS Caremark pharmacy benefit management (PBM) clients to simplify contracting, secure lowest price and monitor ongoing performance of third-party health care point solutions, which can help maximize their benefits program while minimizing associated spend.
The newly added point solutions address healthcare costs and support clinical outcomes in key areas, including chronic condition management, musculoskeletal health, stress reduction and mental health management, and caregiver support.
New Point Solutions Management Vendors to Meet Client & Member Needs
Five new solutions are now available through Point Solutions Management, in addition to Sleepio, a personalized digital sleep program from Big Health, which was the first participating point solution when the service launched as Vendor Benefits Management in 2019. New point solutions available to CVS Caremark clients through the service include:
- Hello Heart helps members understand and improve their heart health. It offers an FDA-approved blood pressure monitor coupled with an app that tracks blood pressure readings, weight and physical activity, alerts for out-of-range hypertension, and has patient-enabled medication adherence reminders.
- Hinge Health, a coach-led digital program for members with musculoskeletal conditions such as chronic back or joint pain. Hinge Health combines wearable sensor-guided exercise therapy with behavioral change through 1-on-1 health coaching and education to reduce chronic pain, opioid use, and surgeries.
- · Livongo (Nasdaq: LVGO), an Applied Health Signals company, offers an integrated platform and includes diabetes, hypertension, weight management, and diabetes prevention solutions. Livongo provides support through personalized coaching and connected devices including weight scales, blood glucose meters, and blood pressure monitors to deliver appropriate interventions and help improve health outcomes.
- Torchlight, a caregiver support solution that guides families through the complexities of educational, financial, social, health, and legal demands related to caring for a loved one, no matter the age, stage, or concern. With a digital platform and team of expert advisors, Torchlight helps reduce stress and enhance caregiving outcomes
- Whil, a digital training platform for mindfulness, stress resilience, mental well-being and performance. It addresses 12 different aspects of wellbeing and performance through
5-minute daily sessions and 250+ mini-courses. Users have access to 2,000+ video and audio sessions on-demand, reinforced with ongoing tips, exercises and articles to improve employee health and happiness.
CVS Health Vendor Evaluation and Selection Process
The CVS Health vendor evaluation and selection process start with identifying the specific areas of health and well-being that meet the clinical and cost management priorities of CVS Caremark clients and where vendor point solutions are most likely to have a positive impact. Each selected solution then undergoes a rigorous clinical, data security, and business evaluation, which includes testing of the end-to-end consumer experience by a team of CVS Health clinicians. Once solutions are adopted by payors, the Point Solutions Management service also provides member eligibility and real-time billing verification and ongoing performance monitoring.
“As a large employer with a diverse workforce, health care point solutions are an essential component of our overall benefits package, but it can be time-consuming and costly to identify, evaluate and contract individually with each vendor,” said Kristen Brown, Director of Benefits, JetBlue. “CVS Health’s Point Solutions Management helps make the process easier and more efficient.” CVS Caremark client JetBlue adopted Point Solutions Management in 2019 to help streamline contracting with point solution vendors and supplement their medical and pharmacy benefits.
Future Expansion Plans
CVS Health will continue to expand Point Solutions Management to meet growing client and member needs, including in weight loss, women’s health, metabolic health, mental health and other categories that help to address social determinants of health.