– Eko unveils the second generation of CORE products, which includes a smart stethoscope and a stethoscope attachment designed to make any existing stethoscope smarter.
– The technological advancements of the CORE include active noise cancellation, sleeker design, and powerful software to allow medical professionals to more effectively screen for heart disease.
– The CORE Digital Attachment ($199) and the fully assembled CORE Digital Stethoscope ($249) are available for pre-order now to healthcare providers to enable them to provide the best possible care to their patients.
Eko, a digital health company with an AI-powered cardiac screening platform, today announced the second generation of its CORE product line. An evolution from Eko’s first-generation CORE, the new CORE features powerful amplification and active noise cancellation that enables doctors and nurses to hear heart and lung sounds with greater clarity and screen patients for heart disease, the number one cause of death in the U.S., more effectively.
CORE Digital Attachment and CORE Digital Stethoscope Features
The stethoscope is one of the most heavily relied upon screening tools for all medical professionals, and with Eko’s AI software it now gives every user the ears of a trained cardiologist to better screen for heart disease, which remains the number one cause of death. With a sleeker design, unprecedented active noise cancellation, and forthcoming decision support algorithms, the second-generation CORE will elevate what clinicians already use in every physical exam and close gaps in care created in part by analog stethoscopes. Since releasing its first-generation CORE in 2015, clinicians at over 4,000 hospitals have used the device to enhance their practice.
“When heart and lung sounds are amplified in the screening of heart valve and pulmonary diseases, everything changes,” said Connor Landgraf, co-founder, and CEO of Eko. “Our mission at Eko continues to be to enable all healthcare professionals to provide the highest level of cardiac care through non-invasive, reliable products. The redesigned CORE puts the ears of a trained cardiologist in the hands of any doctor or nurse.”
Eko’s Software Features
– Eko’s software allows users to capture, analyze and share sound data:
– Save 15, 30, 60 or 120-second recordings with “one click” recording button
– View sound waveforms and phonocardiograms
– Eko’s screening algorithms*, currently FDA-pending will assist clinicians in analyzing heart sounds for pathologic murmurs and valvular heart diseases
Share recordings with colleagues for a second opinion or live stream cardiology-grade sounds with an Eko Enterprise plan, which powers reliable real-time connections between clinicians and patients, or between clinicians for second opinions
Pricing & Availability
The CORE Digital Attachment ($199) and the fully assembled CORE Digital Stethoscope ($249) are now available for pre-order now to healthcare providers to enable them to provide the best possible care to their patients.
“The better we can hear and the better we can screen, the better we can care for our patients,” said Dr. Steve Pham, VP of clinical research at Eko and an emergency medicine physician. “The CORE, coupled with Eko’s software, helps convert the device already worn around the neck of 30 million clinicians around the world into a powerful cardiopulmonary screening tool.”