What You Should Know:
– Veritas Capital (“Veritas”)-backed Gainwell Technologies (“Gainwell”), a leading provider of solutions that are vital to the administration and operations of health and human services programs, today announced that they have entered into a definitive agreement whereby Gainwell will acquire HMS, a technology, analytics and engagement solutions provider helping organizations reduce costs and improve health outcomes.
– With over 7,500 employees, Gainwell Technologies supports clients across 42 U.S. states and territories with offerings including Medicaid Management Information Systems (MMIS), fiscal agent services, program integrity, care management, immunization registry and eligibility services.
– Veritas will look to optimize the HMS solution set across Gainwell and Veritas-backed Cotiviti, Inc. (“Cotiviti”), a leading provider of data-driven healthcare solutions.
– Gainwell will acquire the HMS capabilities focused on the Medicaid market, including solutions delivered to states and managed care organizations, and Cotiviti will acquire the HMS capabilities focused on the commercial, Medicare, and federal markets.
– The addition of the HMS business lines will further expand Gainwell’s and Cotiviti’s capabilities with unique, data-driven technology and service solutions expected to drive greater impact in the healthcare market.
– Clients will be offered a broad range of complementary, scalable and flexible solutions that improve outcomes and quality as well as reduce waste and inefficiencies through technological innovation, service excellence and unparalleled industry expertise.