MEDITECH Expanse Enterprise Health Record (EHR), today announced the launch of Expanse Labor and Delivery solution to help ensure that the transition is safe and seamless from labor through postpartum care. Developed to bridge any gaps between prenatal care, delivery, and postnatal care, the Expanse Labor and Delivery solution allows clinicians to review the complete patient story across the care continuum, while improving patient handoffs, mitigating patient risks, streamlining workflows tailor-made for nurses caring for maternity patients, and empowering nurses to deliver high-quality patient care.
MEDITECH Expanse EHR Labor and Delivery Solution Benefits
Key features of the new solution include:
· Labor and Delivery Status Boards where nurses can view relevant mother and baby information and receive real-time notifications of abnormal and critical values, enhancing patient safety.
· Mother Baby Recall allows nurses to pull information from the mother’s chart onto the baby’s chart for flexible, accurate data capture while documenting.
· Labor and Delivery Flowsheets help nurses monitor trends throughout the progression of labor, facilitate quick access to Expanse Surgical Services to conveniently document C-section delivery, and view all care documentation from prenatal care through active labor and postpartum.
· Fetal Monitoring Integration enables care providers to enjoy easy access to important clinical data from both MEDITECH and other vendor fetal monitor systems. MEDITECH bi-directionally shares discrete clinical data — such as vital signs and medications — with the fetal monitor system, which subsequently shares information back to MEDITECH.
· Flexible widgets, including the OB Prenatal Widget(content available through Expanse Ambulatory integration), minimize time-consuming clicks and extra navigation by linking to data, such as a longitudinal view of prenatal visits.
Why It Matters
“Labor and delivery can be unpredictable, so it’s important to have a complete view of the patient and their progression of labor integrated all in one place within the EHR,” stated Cathy Turner, BSN, MBA, RN-BC, associate vice president, MEDITECH. “Expanse Labor and Delivery improves the continuity of care by streamlining workflow — giving valuable time back to nurses to better monitor and safely manage their patients.”