– Butterfly iQ, the world’s first single-probe whole body ultrasound system announces it is now compatible with Android for the first time, allowing for even greater accessibility to medical professionals around the world
– With this expansion, Butterfly’s mission to help pave the way for early detection and diagnosis of health issues globally has become even more tangible.
– From remote villages in Africa to research missions in the arctic tundra, Butterfly is dedicated to providing a seamless and intuitive ultrasound experience to medical professionals across the globe, including over 2.5 million Android users.
Butterfly Network, Inc., the world’s first single-probe whole-body ultrasound system, announced its new expanded compatibility of Butterfly iQ with 10 Samsung and Google devices and additional financing options from Affirm Inc., further democratizing medical imaging availability. Since its introduction in 2018, Butterfly iQ has seen rapid adoption by tens of thousands of physicians, EMTs, physician assistants, nurses and other healthcare providers around the world.
Whole-Body Ultrasound System on Android Devices
Butterfly iQ’s single probe delivers a 2D array of 9000 micro-machined sensors emulating any type of transducer – linear, curved or phased. As the leading mobile operating system worldwide, Android’s reach will place the point of care ultrasound in the hands of an even wider audience, growing Butterfly iQ’s list of compatible devices to 9 Android phones and 1 tablet, with more devices and features to be added in the future.
– Samsung Galaxy (Model S10 SM-G973U, SM-G973U1)
– Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+, and up
– Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
– Google Pixel 3 and 3XL, and up
Availability & Pricing
Ultrasound’s medical impact and global accessibility has been historically limited by the steep cost of traditional systems. Butterfly’s continued mission is to lower this barrier to entry. Through Affirm’s financial technology, which provides customers with a transparent payment alternative to cash and traditional credit, Butterfly Network is now offering ultrasound at a lower price than ever before, starting at $58/month.
Financing is available on 12-, 24- and 36-month terms with 0% APR for qualified practitioners and will only be applicable for initial purchase including a Butterfly iQ probe, with renewal fees charged at the end of the first year if there is no subscription pre-payment.