What You Should Know:
– Ryse Health, a healthcare technology company that’s committed to pursuing a world free from chronic diseases and raising the bar on Type 2 Diabetes care raises $6.5M in Series A funding led by Route 66 Ventures. The round also included support from W Health and Healthworx, the innovation and investment arm of CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield.
– The company plans to use the funding to enable Ryse to continue to grow its team, strengthen its business operations, partner with like-minded organizations, and expand into new markets.
Type 2 Diabetes Care for the 21st Century
Ryse Health, which was founded in 2021 and operates low-cost clinics in Arlington, VA, and Baltimore is unique in that it’s a physician-led interdisciplinary care model that includes both in-person visits with tech-enabled virtual care. Ryse designed and built a best-in-class approach to treating Type 2 Diabetes that’s yielding up to 50% better results for patients, as compared to traditional and virtual-care-only options. Ryse delivers superior results for patients by,
1) providing day-to-day support, analytics, and coaching to ensure continued success
2) using continuous glucose monitors and long-term support via its custom app
3) a top-tier team of leading endocrinologists, diabetes educators, dietitians, behavioral therapists, and health coaches all supporting patients’ personalized care plan.
2-point Decrease in AIC
On average Ryse patients see an average of a 2-point decrease in HbA1c in 90 days, which is up to 50% better than virtual-only solutions. And, patients are thrilled with their Ryse experience, with an average third-party rating of 4.95 out of 5.0.