What You Should Know:
– Today, Wellsky announced the acquisition of TapCloud, a virtual, interoperable, and AI-driven patient engagement platform that allows patients to share symptoms and other health data with providers via virtual visit technology, secure messaging, and remote symptom screening protocols.
– Frequent communication between patients, clinicians, and payers is critical to providing quality care and delivering on value-based care. TapCloud’s interoperable, AI-driven platform provides real-time, patient-generated insights, enabling providers to deploy care interventions aimed at reducing preventable hospital readmissions and emergency care.
Bolster Patient Engagement Technology That Improves the Patient Experience and Lowers Costs
By combining TapCloud’s user-friendly technology with WellSky’s deep experience in predictive analytics and integration along with its network of more than 5 million caregivers, this acquisition will:
– Use patient-generated insights and a high level of patient visibility to make evidence-based care interventions, reduce hospital readmissions and emergency care, lower costs, and improve health outcomes
– Help close the communication gap between patients, caregivers and clinicians
– Increase collaboration and improve care coordination between providers and payers
– Expand WellSky’s extensive clinical dataset to include TapCloud’s patient-generated data, providing clinicians, payers and other risk-bearing entities new patient risk factor and care intervention models
“TapCloud has worked tirelessly to close the communication gap between patients and providers through the use of data and technology. With WellSky, we gain access to a larger network and increased investment, which will broaden our reach and allow even more patients and families to be active participants in their care journeys,” said Phil Traylor, CEO of TapCloud. “Together, we are well-positioned to expand the ways we can help our clients be successful, no matter which EHR platform they use. I’m excited to see how we will innovate together.”