What You Should Know:
– Memorial Health System selects LifeLink Conversational AI technology to virtualize the waiting room experience for patients
– Mobile chatbots to automate intake for telehealth and in-person visits, while maintaining COVID-19 social distancing and safety protocols.
Memorial Health System , a community-based, not-for-profit corporation serving the people and communities of central Illinois through five hospitals has selected LifeLink to deploy advanced conversational technology that virtualizes the waiting room experience for every patient who has an appointment with their physicians. LifeLink-powered AI chatbots communicate through natural language-based messaging to help patients confirm appointments, screen for COVID symptoms, complete their intake forms, provide timing updates, and check in for their visits. The mobile solution supports both in-person and telehealth visits.
Virtualize the Waiting Room Experience for Patients
The virtual waiting room chatbot solution digitizes processes that were previously handled through manual, one-off phone calls, paper forms, and in-person interactions. Now patients simply converse with a digital agent on any smartphone or personal device. Key capabilities include:
– Reminder and confirmation messages are sent ahead of appointments
– Intake and consent forms are digitized into conversational workflows and completed before arrival
– Chatbots educate patients about COVID-19 protocols and conduct a risk assessment
– On the day of appointment, the bot provides timing updates and alerts patients when it is time to enter the office and go directly to the exam room
– Integration into EMR and scheduling systems for full process automation
Why It Matters
As patients get back to seeing their physicians for care, we must find ways to virtualize that experience to keep everyone safe, but there’s a bigger opportunity at hand,” said Jay Roszhart, president of MHS’ ambulatory group. “We’re always looking for ways to improve our patient experience. LifeLink chatbots virtualize the entire intake process on mobile devices, which will ultimately do away with the need for waiting rooms and will make the patient’s visit more efficient.”
“We were among the first providers to successfully launch conversational chatbot screeners from LifeLink as the COVID-19 pandemic began to spread,” Roszhart added. “Now it’s time to take patient engagement innovation to the next level. The waiting room presents a significant opportunity to reduce costs and streamline operations, all in the context of delivering a better, safe patient experience.”