Each month we compile a list of the 10 most popular articles we published that month, based on the number of page views.Here are our ten most popular articles for Septmber 2013, recognizing that articles we published earlier in the month are more likely to make the list than later ones.
1. 5 Health Apps You Need To Know About in 2013
The apps on our list below go to the source of medical issues, serving as powerful information repositories patients can use with their doctors to learn more about their health on a day-to-day basis. Healthcare providers should feel confident recommending the following applications to patients hoping to take more of an active interest in their health.
2. 6 Mobile Health Apps for Healthcare Professionals or Patients
6 innovative mobile health apps that offer support for both healthcare professionals and patients to take ownership of their healthcare experience.
3. How Sensors Are Transforming the Life Sciences Industry Landscape
An in-depth look into how sensors are having a major impact on innovation and the competitive landscape for the life sciences industry (medical devices, diagnostics and pharma).
4. Infographic: Healthcare Mobility Trends
There is no doubt that healthcare mobility trends is driving many changes across the healthcare landscape. With EHR adoption on the rise…
5. Epic Implementation Results in $55.1M Operational Loss for Hospital
The rollout of the Epic electronic health records system contributed to a $55.1 million operational loss in fiscal 2012-13 for Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center, according to a financial report released last week.
6. Why Doctors Will Never Like EMRs & How To Change That
Yes, doctors will be using EMRs in larger and larger numbers, but there is zero probability that today’s doctors will ever like using EMRs.
7. Alternative Health Information Technology
A quick look at what is driving health care costs up reveals that physicians as a group are cheerfully adopting a host of high tech tools that would terrify the average technophobe. So why is health information technology so different?
8. 11 Influential Digital Health Entrepreneurs
Infographic created by Health Science Degrees illustrates 11 influential digital health entrepreneurs of 2013 from five innovative startups transforming healthcare.
9. Top 5 Technology Trends in the Medical Device Market
The new 2013 Frost & Sullivan outlook study provides projections for the global medical devices market.
10. The Rising Popularity of Mobile Health & mHealth Apps Infographic
The mobile health industry has now entered the commercialization phase and will reach $26 billion globally by 2017, according to research2guidance global health market report.