What You Should Know:
- Patientory Inc., the creator of a blockchain-based, HIPAA-compliant, private medical data ecosystem, announced today that it has launched two solutions–Patientory Consumer Decentralized Application-designed to help patients more efficiently and securely store and earn money from their medical data and Neith Enterprise Dashboard in partnership with Prosper Healthtech, a community-backed organization committed to equity in Birmingham offering a supportive network of organizations throughout the city, including UAB Hospital, PackHealth, and Blue Cross Blue Shield.
- Patientory is a consumer-facing mobile dApp putting patients in control of the data they create but previously a challenge to control being confined to patient portals.
Empowering Patients Financially Via Decentralized Applications
Today, 80% of health data is not readily accessible in order to provide quality care for patients and the remaining 20% is anonymously monetized by data brokers. Available on Android and iOS and equipped with tools to promote healthy lifestyles, the Patientory app aggregates medical information and easily integrates with popular mobile apps and wearables to showcase users’ vitals in a uniform dashboard.
Working in conjunction with the Patientory dApp, Neith is an enterprise-focused Analytics portal that mines both shared consumer health data and the Patientory blockchain network de-identified health data which represents 190M Americans, compatible with open-source technologies like ChaptGPT.
“Six in ten American adults, per the CDC, have a chronic illness, which means a large percentage of the population is in constant contact with disparate parts of our sprawling health system,” said Patientory Inc. Founder and CEO Chrissa McFarlane. “Even though patients want a better system, the problem is that hospitals and clinicians keep recording patient information in siloed medical data systems. Unfortunately, transmitting vital private data is a frustrating game of ‘telephone’ for these institutions and their patients.”
Patientory and Neith are both powered by cutting-edge technology and built atop the PTOYMatrix, Patientory’s own private blockchain network which raised over $7M in a token launch and now represents 95% of electronic medical record data in the US. The PTOYMatrix ensures patient healthcare data is cryptographically protected and will remain stored in a secure and decentralized manner with storage access managed by the native cryptocurrency $PTOY. The platform recently joined The Sequoia Project, the organization awarded by the federal government to administer The Trusted Exchange Framework and Common Agreement, also known as TEFCA, which outlines a common set of principles, terms, and conditions to support the development of a Common Agreement to enable nationwide exchange of electronic health information (EHI) across disparate health information networks (HINs).
Among other features, the Patientory app harmonizes medical records and wearable device health data to understand how a multitude of factors impact patient health in real-time, find trends and curate precise recommendations for users. Its most used feature in Beta, the clinical trial tracker which attracted over 2,000 people to pre-screen allows users to match with clinical trials they are a fit for in proximate geography. A premium feature is the care plan that gamifies helping users make healthy choices on a day to day basis to earn rewards.
Neith Enterprise Dashboard includes data management tools, healthcare data and electronic medical records from over 10,000 hospitals, predictive analytics through machine learning algorithms, holistic care plan generation, and increased patient data interoperability.
Patientory previously raised an oversubscribed pre-seed and grants for the launch of the dApp from notable investors including, BackStage Capital, Arlan Hamilton, Colorado Permanente Medical Group, RGA Ventures + Moda Health, Expert Dojo, GSK, Novartis, American Heart Association, with prestigious honors and awards being named Startup of the Year, World Economic Forum Tech Pioneer, Prixe Galien Finalists in Digital Health for 2 consecutive years and participants in government sponsored programs including NASA iTech Ignite the Night and MassChallenge/HHS Pandemic(X) Program.