What You Should Know:
– Invitae launches a seamless digital platform to enhance patient and provider experiences and further bring genetics to mainstream medicine.
– Offering seamless integrations with EHR solutions, Invitae Digital Health will provide healthcare systems with a customizable suite of tools in a single, intuitive platform.
Invitae, a San Francisco, CA, based medical genetics company, announced the launch of Invitae Digital Health—a connected digital health platform that informs health decisions through actionable genomic insights for patients and clinicians. Rooted in genetic insights and scalable at the population level, it will enable a holistic approach to personalized health management for individuals throughout their health journey.
Leverages Genomic Insights to Inform Health Decisions for Patients and Clinicians
Invitae Digital Health will provide healthcare systems with a fully-integrated, customizable suite of tools in a single, intuitive platform. Capabilities include:
– Seamless integrations with electronic health record solutions
– Clinical decision support to help clinicians determine which patients should receive genetic testing or supplemental imaging
– Utilization of medical management guidelines, which are continuously updated to remain current
– Scalable and secure data exchange using industry-standard protocols
New Era of Proactive Population-Based Care
With 19.3 million new cases of cancer worldwide in 2020, 420 million cases of cardiovascular disease2, 8 million children born with a serious genetic condition each year worldwide3, and 99% of people with genetic variation that can impact drug response4, the potential impact of genetics on mainstream healthcare is profound.
A modular platform tailored to the needs of health systems and their patients, Invitae Digital Health will encourage healthcare providers to move away from the traditional reactive healthcare model and toward a new era of proactive, population-based care. By enabling the identification of disease risk earlier in the care continuum, the platform is poised to help providers and patients enhance early detection and better personalize treatments with the goals of achieving better outcomes and reducing the burden on the broader healthcare system.
“Invitae has completed more than six software acquisitions since 2019 with a vision for a unified platform that can surface actionable genomic information to help keep large populations healthy or better manage disease,” said Kamal Gogineni, President, Digital Health at Invitae. “The next step is Invitae Digital Health, a personalized health management platform at the intersection of genetics and real world clinical data. Its launch cements Invitae’s commitment to advance medicine to benefit both patients and clinicians.”
While existing population health solutions are positioned for point-of-care oncology testing only, Invitae Digital Health brings genomics to mainstream medicine across a broad spectrum of places where care is impacted—cardiology, medication management through pharmacogenomics, rare disease, neurology, pediatrics, women’s health and oncology (both pre- and post-diagnosis).