What You Should Know:
– Cerner launches new Video Visit platform for CommunityWorks clients at no cost through 2021 to support rural health organizations.
Today in honor of National Rural Health Day, Cerner has announced the launch of their new telehealth offering to support rural health organizations through these tough times. The Video Visit platform will be offered to Cerner CommunityWorks℠ clients at no cost through 2021. The platform, which was announced at a virtual event for community and critical access hospitals earlier this week, aims to help make it easier for those living in rural areas to see providers. Initial sites have already started to go-live and are seeing strong adoption.
The CDC estimates about 46 million Americans live in rural areas, which face distinctive challenges during the COVID-19 pandemic. Key features of Cerner’s NEW CommunityWorks Video Visit Trial Program include:
• Video visits are part of a comprehensive suite of virtual healthcare solutions that enable organizations to provide near real-time, interactive communications between consumers and clinicians from any location.
• Delivers a comprehensive, integrated experience that empowers consumers to be active participants in their health and care.
• Consumers receive convenient, quality care using their modality of choice.
• FREE and rapid implementation and trial of Cerner Video Visits until 12/31/21.
• Expedited implementation taking place in days, not weeks or months.
“Throughout the pandemic, we’ve seen a significantly increased desire from both consumers and health care providers for virtual health solutions and rapid innovation and adoption of existing products. One of those products is Cerner’s Virtual Visit solution that we are now offering free of charge to our eligible CommunityWorks clients through the end of 2021. This trial program delivers a comprehensive, integrated experience that empowers consumers to be active participants in their health and care. I am excited to formally launch this on the 10th annual National Rural Health Day as we celebrate the Power of Rural and I look forward to helping our clients provide another way to adapt to, and overcome, challenges presented by this pandemic in order to provide the best care and experience for their patients,” said Mitchell Clark, President, Cerner CommunityWorks, Senior Vice President at Cerner in a release statement.