What You Should Know:
– Nuance Communications, Inc. announced the Kettering Health Network has selected ED Guidance for Nuance Dragon Medical Advisor.
– This AI-powered computer-assisted physician documentation (CAPD) solution will help reduce physicians’ administrative burden while lowering the risk of adverse safety events, missing diagnoses, and malpractice litigation – priorities for all physicians, especially in the ED where the nature of care presents special challenges and risks.
Nuance Communications, Inc., today announced that Kettering Health Network has selected ED Guidance for Nuance Dragon Medical Advisor, an AI-powered computer-assisted physician documentation (CAPD) solution that gives emergency room physicians workflow-integrated diagnostic and clinical best practices advice at one of the earliest and most critical points of care.
Kettering Health is deploying ED Guidance for Nuance Dragon Medical Advisor to improve patient safety, alleviate the administrative burden on clinicians, and reduce the risk of missing diagnoses by:
– Extending the Nuance CAPD solution to physicians in its 12 full-service emergency centers through its existing use of the Nuance Dragon Medical One HITRUST CSF-certified conversational AI platform for documenting care in the electronic health record (EHR).
– Empowering physicians with integrated real-time, evidence-based emergency medical guidance from The Sullivan Group.
– Supporting best-practices-based clinical decision-making and accurate documentation of the severity of illness and acuity of each patient at the point of care within clinician’s standard EHR workflows.
– Using Nuance conversational AI to automatically identify and add critical details that may impact patient treatment in real-time.
Sullivan Group Outcomes/Results
The Sullivan Group’s content has been shown to decrease the occurrence of adverse safety events and reduce diagnosis-related malpractice claims by up to 70 percent, and with the integration into Nuance Dragon Medical Advisor, this guidance can be delivered in real-time while the patient is still in the ED. ED Guidance for Nuance Dragon Medical Advisor also provides powerful analytics for assessing ED performance and improving care quality and financial outcomes.
“We see Nuance Dragon Medical One and Dragon Medical Advisor as essential tools that help physicians use the EHR efficiently for delivering high-quality patient care,” said Dr. Charles Watson, DO, Chief Medical Information Officer at Kettering Health. “Patient safety and reducing the administrative burdens of documentation and compliance are priorities for all physicians, especially in the ED, where the nature of care presents special challenges and risks. The ability to add those tools and data analytics via the cloud will help us align our clinical and compliance practices with diagnostic drivers more quickly and accurately.”