Cleveland Clinic’s top clinicians and researchers present the top 10 medical innovations transforming medical advancements and new awards to recognize healthcare innovation.
The list of breakthrough technologies was selected by a committee of Cleveland Clinic subject matter experts, led by Will Morris, M.D., executive medical director for Cleveland Clinic Innovations, and Akhil Saklecha, M.D., managing director of Cleveland Clinic Ventures.
Here is a look at the top 10 medical innovations for 2021 with the power to transform healthcare in the next year:
1. Gene Therapy for Hemoglobinopathies
2. Novel Drug for Primary-Progressive Multiple Sclerosis
3. Smartphone-Connected Pacemaker Devices
4. New Medication for Cystic Fibrosis
5. Universal Hepatitis C Treatment
6. Bubble CPAP for Increased Lung Function in Premature Babies
7. Increased Access to Telemedicine through Novel Practice and Policy Changes
8. Vacuum-Induced Uterine Tamponade Device for Postpartum Hemorrhage
9. PARP Inhibitors for Prostate Cancer
10. Immunologics for Migraine Prophylaxis