What You Should Know:
– A pioneer in high definition ultrasound miniaturization, Clarius is announcing the new high-frequency handheld ultrasound scanner Clarius L20 HD featuring the highest definition wireless imaging for superficial applications.
– Designed to provide extremely high image quality in the near field (skin line to 4cm), the Clarius L20 HD is ideal for a variety of clinical settings including MSK, rheumatology, podiatry, plastic surgery, microsurgery, pediatric anesthesia, line placement, and other specialty applications that currently rely on costly cart-based systems to visualize shallow anatomy.
Clarius Mobile Health, has announced the launch of its new ultra-high frequency handheld ultrasound scanner, L20 HD. In keeping with its mission to deliver accurate, easy-to-use, and affordable handheld ultrasound scanners that are suitable for every medical practitioner, this latest innovation features ultra-high-definition medical imaging for superficial applications.
Ultra-High Frequency Linear Scanner
Designed to provide extremely high image quality in the near field (skin line to 4cm), the Clarius L20 HD is ideal for a variety of clinical settings including MSK, rheumatology, podiatry, plastic surgery, microsurgery, pediatric anesthesia, line placement, and other specialty applications that currently rely on costly cart-based systems to visualize shallow anatomy.
Other key features of the Clarius L20 HD include:
– Offering a frequency range of 8-20 MHz, the Clarius L20 HD is capable of imaging down to 4 cm
– Easy-to-use apps for iOS and Android, it delivers high-quality images that are comparable to premium cart-based systems, without the need to adjust complex knobs and switches
– Artificial intelligence adjusts imaging parameters in real-time based on the scanning application.
– Clarius Octal Beamforming technology brings advanced beamforming technology with 8 octal beams and 192 elements to deliver faster frame rates and a high definition image quality that physicians can trust.
FDA Clearance, Pricing, Availability
The Clarius L20 HD has been cleared by the FDA and has CE Mark for the EU. It is available now in the United States (USD$6,900), United Kingdom (£5,750), and the EU (€6,250) at a fraction of traditional and cart-based systems that start from US$35,000, representing over 80% savings.
Like all Clarius HD scanners, the L20 comes with no annual fees, unlimited Clarius Cloud storage, unlimited users, free one-touch telemedicine with Clarius Live, and with a 7-day money-back guarantee.
“Every medical practitioner should have access to high definition imaging to improve confidence in diagnoses and accuracy in guided procedures. Historically, ultra-high frequency imaging for superficial scanning was only found on costly premium systems, which has been a barrier to adoption,” says Clarius CEO Laurent Pelissier. “We’ve miniaturized ultrasound, without compromising image quality. With the Clarius L20, we are excited to release the highest frequency ultrasound imaging in a wireless scanner now at such an affordable price point.”