Challenge Overview & Background
The MPN is a voluntary, openly available resource designed to help health technology developers who collect digital health data clearly convey information about their privacy and security policies to their users. Similar to a nutrition facts label, the MPN provides a snapshot of a product’s existing privacy practices, encouraging transparency and helping consumers make informed choices when selecting products. Submissions will provide the code for an open source, web-based tool that allows health technology developers who collect digital health data to generate a customized privacy notice.
The MPN generator must be able to produce privacy notices that adhere to the MPN content yet provide for customization by a health technology developer. The code for the web-based generator must be posted to GitHub and be available through the open source MIT License 1.0 such that any app developer can implement and use it.
Judging Criteria for MPN
• Accurate use of MPN content, including appropriate modification of flexible language and no deviation from standardized language.
• Use and demonstration of best practices in developing and presenting web content for consumption, including consumer testing, web design, and accessibility, as exemplified in the resources provided above.
• Visual appeal of the generated MPN.
• Ease of use for a developer to implement and use the MPN generator, including ability to customize the MPN.
Submitters must submit the following through the challenge webpage:
– Framework, library, or plugin file(s) for the MPN generator.
The contest is open through April 10, 2017. Winning submissions will receive:
– First place: $20,000
– Second place: $10,000
– Third place: $5,000