What You Should Know:
– Independa, an award-winning TV-based platform providing remote engagement, education and care, recently announced the results of their latest commissioned survey examining behaviors and attitudes of smart TV users and their experiences surrounding telehealth
– Results from the November 2022 study found that over 90% of Americans used telehealth services in the last year, and that 90% enjoyed their experience. Some of these services included doctors appointments, teledentistry, and vision appointments.
Survey Data Reveals Widespread Adoption of Telehealth on Smart TVs
Founded in 2009, Independa, Inc, is the innovator of the award-winning TV-based social engagement, education and care platform. It’s latest survey found that 71% of users accessed telehealth using their smartphones, and that 65% used their television for telehealth appointments. Respondents said that the television is their preferred method of using telehealth. Last year, a survey of American adults over 70, also commissioned by Independa, revealed that older adults in particular prefer the ease of using the television for telehealth.
The nationwide survey of 1,000 American adults also found that:
1. Top reasons people use telehealth: to get regular checkups with primary care, monitoring a chronic condition, and monitoring recovery from an illness.
2. Top reasons people prefer telehealth: comfort and convenience, saving travel time, and faster service than waiting for an in-person appointment.
3. 95% of respondents would switch to a doctor that offers telehealth.
The Independa Health Hub provides consumers with bi-directional video communication that allows users to connect with healthcare providers, wellness services, family and friends in the comfort of their homes through their LG televisions. The Independa Health Hub enables LG smart TVs to help users care for family members remotely or assist older adults to be more independent. As the first tele-healthcare service supported on LG TVs, Independa features an intuitive interface that makes it easy for users to initiate a video chat with a caregiver or easily access a menu of relevant professional services.
“We are thrilled to be on the forefront of telehealth adoption with the Independa Health Hub built into LG TVs,” said Kian Saneii, founder and CEO of Independa. “Our research shows that for the 97% of Americans who own a smart TV, there is a preference for using familiar technology like the television to provide more ease, comfort, and accessibility to millions of people wanting to access valuable health resources.”