What You Should Know:
– Teladoc Health today announced it is expanding its virtual primary care service, Primary360 to commercial health plans, employers and other organizations that sponsor healthcare for individuals and families in the United States. Teladoc Health has received a positive initial response to Primary360 in the marketplace and the role it plays in delivering comprehensive, virtual-first benefits. Several Fortune 1000 employers are live today on the new primary care service, with other large employers and health plans such as Aetna launching nationwide in early 2022.
– Primary360 has been substantially built out since it was initially launched as a pilot two years ago. In addition to their Teladoc primary care physician, members have access to a care team offering a range of services including guidance for an individual’s care, and navigation to in-person, high-quality in-network providers. For ongoing management of health and wellness needs, consumers receive a personalized care plan that includes reminders and nudges for follow-ups and action items.
Primary360 Pilot Results/Outcomes
Data gathered from Primary360 pilot programs prove the effectiveness of virtual primary care as well as Primary360’s unique ability to act as a digital front door to Teladoc Health’s broader suite of services.
Key highlights include:
– Two-thirds of members previously lacked traditional primary care and are now benefitting from longitudinal relationships with physician-led care teams
– Access to high quality prevention and screening via Primary360 has helped members detect earlier and treat previously undiagnosed chronic diseases
– One in four chronic conditions identified for Primary360 members have been new diagnoses of common disorders such as diabetes and hypertension
“Primary360 has the unique power to drive the unified health care experience that consumers are demanding by removing longstanding barriers like access, cost and convenience,” said Donna Boyer, chief product officer at Teladoc Health. “Primary360 gives people greater control over their healthcare experience without losing the personal connection they seek – all from a brand that they trust.”