UPMC Voice Assistant Alexa 3 – Fine_Cut_0322 – UPMC Health Plan
What You Should Know:
– UPMC Health Plan announced today the launch of a Virtual Concierge that will assist commercial plan members with some of their most frequently asked questions related to their benefits and coverage and how to access care and services.
– The Virtual Concierge is available 24/7 to provide audible responses and can even send helpful links via messages.
– The Virtual Concierge tools directly reflect input from UPMC Health Plan members. In a Health Plan-conducted study, 40 percent of insured Pennsylvanians surveyed reported that a “smart speaker” voice assistant resource would help them and make benefits easier to understand.
Virtual Concierge Key Features
The Virtual Concierge leads voice assistant users through a verbal chatbot-style experience to receive quick and useful information, including:
– Member benefits and coverage (ID card help, preventive coverage)
– Clear explanations of insurance terminology
– How to access services including UPMC’s AnywhereCare telehealth mobile application
– Orientation services for new UPMC Health Plan members
– COVID-19 vaccine information
The UPMC Health Plan Virtual Concierge debuted in February 2020 and is now available on both Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant-enabled devices. Amazon device users can enable the UPMC Health Plan skill, then open the skill with a prompt such as, “Alexa, ask UPMC Health Plan about the COVID-19 vaccine.” Or “Alexa, ask UPMC Health Plan to welcome me.” Members with a Google device can access the service by prompting their smart speaker with, “Hey Google, talk to UPMC Health Plan.”