What You Should Know:
– PatientKeeper, a provider of electronic health records (EHR) optimization software solutions, today announced it has integrated its mobile app with the MEDITECH® Expanse™ hospital EHR system, enabling healthcare providers to view inpatient data stored in Expanse on their iOS and Android smartphones and tablets.
– Physicians using the Expanse acute-care EHR will now have access to patients’ vital signs, test results, medications and more — all from their iOS or Android smartphones and tablets.
– PatientKeeper’s app meets the growing demand for mobile solutions in healthcare and is already deemed a “game-changer” for Frankfort Regional Medical Center (FRMC) in Kentucky, the first to integrate the app with an Expanse system.
Information currently accessible in the PatientKeeper app includes:
– Patient List: See an accurate, up-to-date list of your patients and their current locations to streamline rounds.
– Vital Signs and I/O’s: Review the patient’s current condition with an at-a-glance presentation of temperature, blood pressure, heart rate, and other vital signs as well as input/output measurements.
– Lab Results: Access and trend lab results and quickly see out-of-range values and review annotations.
– Test Results: Quickly review PACS images, pink paper EKGs, microbiology, radiology and pathology reports – all in one place.
– Clinical Notes: View all clinical notes including H&P, progress, consult, discharge, and operative notes.
– Medication List: Review the patient’s current medications and see the history of discontinued meds. You can also see administration history (including skipped doses).
– Allergies: Review patient’s known allergies, including substance and a description of any reaction.
– Order Status: Monitor the status of all recent orders on the patient.