What You Should Know:
– 3M and Eko team up to launch 3M Littmann® CORE Digital Stethoscope to deliver a game-changing tool for clinicians as they assess, diagnose, and monitor their patients.
– The new 3M Littmann CORE Digital Stethoscope offers clinicians access to both analog and digital auscultation options and connects to Eko’s software and AI algorithms* to help clinicians better interpret sounds and detect heart murmurs.
3M™ Littmann® Stethoscopes and Eko, today announced the launch of the 3M™ Littmann® CORE Digital Stethoscope that will marry best-in-class 3M Littmann stethoscope technology with advanced Eko digital innovations. The collaboration between 3M Littmann Stethoscopes and Eko brings together two innovative companies that are focused on delivering comprehensive healthcare solutions that drive better patient outcomes.
3M™ Littmann® CORE Digital Stethoscope Overview
As the world of healthcare and its dependence on auscultation continues to evolve, digital technology is being introduced to meet the advancing demands of the industry. To meet these changing needs, the new 3M Littmann CORE Digital Stethoscope offers clinicians access to both analog and digital auscultation options and connects to Eko’s software and AI algorithms* to help clinicians better interpret sounds and detect heart murmurs. The 3M Littmann CORE Digital Stethoscope can connect to Eko software, including its heart murmur AI and its telemedicine software, enabling enhanced in-person or remote patient care.
The FDA-cleared 3M Littmann CORE Stethoscope toggles between analog and amplified listening modes so you can listen how you want to during assessments. Tunable diaphragm technology—a 3M invention—lets you hear different frequency sounds by simply adjusting the pressure on the chestpiece. Hold the chestpiece with light pressure on the patient to hear low frequency sounds; press a little more to hear higher frequency sounds. Soft-sealing ear tips conform to individual ears for optimal comfort and excellent sound occlusion.
Other key features include:
– Available on both iOS and Android devices
– Capture 15, 30, 60, or 120-second recordings to chronicle a patient’s exam history.
– Create a library of heart sounds to monitor the progressions of a disease or for education, and securely share recordings with colleagues.
– Up to 40x amplification (at peak frequency, vs. analog mode) and active noise cancellation reduces unwanted background sounds.
– Visualize heart sound waveforms (phonocardiogram) in real-time.
– Share recordings for a second opinion or referral as easily as sending an email.
– A single dashboard connects you to multidimensional patient care, exam records, reports and colleagues.
“For clinicians, listening is a gateway to making critical diagnoses. Being able to confidently assess heart and lung sounds helps ensure the best cardiac and pulmonary care possible,” said Connor Landgraf, co-founder and CEO, Eko. “Partnering with 3M Littmann Stethoscopes allows us to incorporate the power of our digital and machine learning technology alongside the stethoscope trusted by millions of clinicians worldwide, which can help impact patient outcomes and quality of care. Combining the 3M Littmann CORE Digital Stethoscope with the Eko platform of software and AI helps clinicians elevate cardiopulmonary care to a whole new level.”
Pricing & Availability
The 3M Littmann® CORE Digital Stethoscope is available for pre-order and ships on November 23rd, priced at $349.