What You Should Know:
– Innovators’ “NuvaWave™” launches a medical-grade, intelligent handheld UVC device that can kill the SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19 in two seconds.
– Initially, the founders created it for hospitals but it’s going on the market for commercial use – offices, gyms, hotels, airlines, voting booths – everywhere it’s needed so we can get back to life.
UV Innovators, an ultraviolet technology company has unveiled NuvaWave, one of the most advanced tool in the fight against deadly pathogens. NuvaWave is a UVC handheld device that is used to disinfect any high touch surface. This product release is timely as all businesses, schools, municipalities, airlines, cruise ships and other commercial ventures need to have a solution to protect their employees, students, customers, and family from COVID-19.
Initially, the founders created it for hospitals but it’s going on the market for commercial use – offices, gyms, hotels, airlines, voting booths – everywhere it’s needed so we can get back to life. NuvaWave was tested at Texas Biomed, an independent, nonprofit research institute whose mission is to protect our global community from the threats of infectious diseases through cutting-edge research. The results from the rigorous study completed at Texas Biomedical Research Institute demonstrated that NuvaWave killed >99.9% of the live virus in just two seconds.
For nearly three-quarters of a century, the Institute has delivered high quality and reliable scientific data, spanning basic discovery through preclinical development,” explained Dr. Cory Hallam, Professor and Vice President for Business Development at Texas Biomed. “The scientists at Texas Biomed know how to handle the live virus in their biosafety level 3 (BSL-3) lab and to use protocols to safely mimic real-world conditions that helped us document the effectiveness of NuvaWave,” added Dr. Nicholas Medendorp, CEO of UV Innovators. “NuvaWave .
NuvaWave handheld device only weighs 1.5 pounds and provides 5,000 hours of disinfection. UV Innovators’ break-through technology changes the paradigm in making hospital-grade technology affordable. UV Innovators is announcing the NuvaWave Fleet Program starting at $199 a month that enables infection control teams a simple and affordable monthly payment.
– Distance feedback to aid user in optimal placement
– Continuous system performance monitoring
– Embedded computer sensors for intelligent safety shut-off
– Uniform UVC light across disinfection area
– Ergonomically balanced design
– Visible light indicators of active disinfection
Why It Matters
“In order for people to feel comfortable getting back to normal, they must feel confident that the places they go are clean and free from infectious pathogens. NuvaWave is a commercial-grade solution for those who are disinfecting high-touch surfaces,” added Dr. Nicholas Medendorp, Jr., a technology leader with over two decades of LED experience and 115 patents and CEO of UV Innovators. “NuvaWave has undergone rigorous testing with accredited third-party laboratories to gauge its efficacy in killing SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19.,” added Dr. Medendorp.