What You Should Know:
– Nuance Communications, Inc. announced that Monument Health added another Nuance solution to their tech stack: Dragon Ambient eXperience (DAX).
– This new solution will further enable the healthcare facility’s physicians to focus on caring for patients and not on their computers.
Nuance Communications, Inc. announced that Monument Health has chosen the Nuance® Dragon Ambient eXperience™ (DAX™) ambient clinical intelligence (ACI) solution to securely capture, contextualize and document virtual and in-person patient visits in the electronic health record (EHR), and empower physicians to reduce administrative workloads and focus on patient care with clinical documentation that writes itself.™
With over 4,500 physicians and caregivers in 33 medical specialties, Monument Health serves 20 communities across western South Dakota and eastern Wyoming with five hospitals, eight specialty and surgical centers, and more than 40 medical clinics and service centers. Monument Health’s adoption of the Nuance DAX solution is a natural extension of its long-term use of Nuance Dragon® Medical One, PowerMic Mobile, PowerScribe 360, PowerShare, Surgical CAPD, and EHR Services, including MyChart support and Clinical Service Desk.
Innovated by Nuance and Microsoft, the Nuance DAX solution is based on decades of Nuance conversational AI experience. It extends the power of Nuance Dragon Medical that is already trusted by over 550,000 physicians globally to create a fully voice-enabled and intelligent ambient exam room environment. Its capabilities far exceed those of traditional speech recognition software and legacy medical scribing services and include:
– True next-generation ambient conversational AI technology that automatically converts a natural multi-party conversation between providers and their patients into complete, accurate, and structured clinical documentation within the EHR.
– Secure and unobtrusive capture of the details and context of multi-party conversations without interfering with the flow of natural conversation or requiring special commands or intervention.
– Voice biometrics that securely verifies speaker identity and streamlines workflows.
– Support for both smartphones and a purpose-built ambient device in exam rooms for maximum flexibility in deployment and use.
– Support for a wide array of medical specialties across both in-person and telehealth encounters.
– A growing list of integrated Dragon virtual assistant skills through a hands-free access point that enables care teams to complete tasks in real-time within their EHR and third-party applications.
“Monument Health exemplifies how leading health systems are innovating to improve healthcare experiences for patients and physicians by implementing the Nuance DAX solution,” said Diana Nole, EVP and GM, Nuance Healthcare. “By empowering its clinicians with a solution that’s specifically built to alleviate burdensome administrative workloads and enhance the physician-patient interaction, Monument Health is prioritizing the inherently human aspects of medicine that are central to improving healthcare experiences, reducing clinician burnout and driving enhanced clinical and financial outcomes.”