What You Should Know:
– NEHII, the statewide health information exchange for Nebraska, in conjunction with Intersystems, KPI Ninja, and Nextgate, has generated a COVID-19 dashboard to support statewide COVID-19 data collection and reporting.
– COVID-19 dashboard provides real-time laboratory data and hospital bed management for accurate monitoring and case reporting.
To help the state of Nebraska accurately track COVID-19 cases and test results, the Nebraska Health Information Initiative (NEHII), in cooperation with the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services, has gone live with its COVID-19 dashboard for data-monitoring.
NEHII’s COVID-19 Dashboard
NEHII’s COVID-19 dashboard is a comprehensive data, event tracking, and reporting platform that connects critical public health information across the entire state to effectively monitor the outbreak and guide response efforts. Using technology from NextGate, InterSystems, and KPI Ninja, public health officials and care teams across Nebraska have access to accurate, comprehensive data on COVID-19 patients as well as key resource utilization.
Using NextGate’s cloud-based Enterprise Master Patient Index (EMPI), KPI Ninja Universe, and InterSystems HealthShare, NEHII can aggregate and link COVID-19 data into a single, consolidated view that moves in real-time, based on direct data feeds from hospitals, clinics, and laboratories throughout Nebraska. This includes data specific to admission, discharge, lab results, and other pertinent information related to COVID-19, ensuring the right data is correctly tied to the right patient.
COVID-19 Dashboard Development Timeline
– Development of NEHII’s dashboard began in mid-March, and the system is now able to:
– Deliver real-time data on laboratory testing, with comprehensive and accurate insights to numerator/denominator
– Track COVID-19 hospitalizations, including discharges, to show bed availability the moment it occurs
– Monitor recoveries from COVID-19
– Forecast trends, hotspots and community spread
“Now, more than ever, we need to fill interoperability gaps and bring quality data together to facilitate a highly-coordinated and effective response to the pandemic,” Jaime Bland, CEO of NEHII. “NextGate, KPI Ninja, and have been tremendous partners in helping us overcome the complexity of data silos to deliver meaningful COVID-19 data insights. The new data monitoring program augments our HIE to report accurate, knowledge-based data that informs life-saving decisions and community emergency prevention efforts at a time of unprecedented need.”