– Pillo Health launches Pillo Remotely, a population health data and device manager to improve engagement and visibility into in-home health habits.
– Pillo Remotely offers versatile configurations to deploy disease-state or population-specific engagement workflows and allows care professionals to schedule interactions that enable patients to better participate in their care plans and treatments.
Pillo Health, a Boston-based technology company improving longevity and quality of life for patients managing their health at home, today announced the launch of Pillo Remotely, a HIPAA-compliant web interface that puts the management of Pillo devices into the hands of providers. Now, care managers, RPM solutions providers, and other healthcare professionals can configure Pillo devices, gather medication and health data, and deploy health surveys using Pillo Remotely or directly through integration with Pillo Health’s cloud APIs.
Pillo is a voice-first in-home health assistant that leverages facial recognition and adaptive AI to help patients maintain safety, independence, and wellness in the home. For healthcare organizations, the Pillo device and platform delivers continuous engagement with patients and gives providers to-the-minute visibility into their daily routines – including verifiable medication adherence data.
Deploying Disease-State or Population-Specific Engagement Workflows
Pillo Remotely offers versatile configurations to deploy disease-state or population-specific engagement workflows and allows care professionals to schedule interactions that enable patients to better participate in their care plans and treatments. After pairing deployed Pillo devices with other in-home health devices (such as a smart scale or blood pressure cuff), healthcare professionals are able to:
– create and deliver natural language voice surveys en masse or to specific segments of the population they manage
– enable Pillo devices to proactively deliver spoken messages (“Gloria, don’t forget to drink at least 2 glasses of water today.”)
– manage and deploy branded or disease-specific photo or video content
– establish thresholds that trigger alerts within certain degrees of escalation
Workflows can be configured within Pillo Remotely to deploy engaging and immersive care journeys that are delivered safely to the intended patient via Pillo devices. The interface also enables caregivers to facilitate video calls directly within the web browser to individual users, allowing timely interventions for patients at risk and in effort to curb costs related to hospitalizations and readmissions.
Because Pillo is engineered to enhance and increase engagement, people interact with the device six times per day on average. With this, care managers, RPM solutions providers, and other healthcare professionals benefit from six extra touchpoints each day to engage with their patients and gather new data in a scalable manner, including full prescription lists and to-the-minute adherence events.
Pillo Remotely’s powerful reporting features also make it easier to analyze large data sets in order to understand the connection between population health trends and outcomes, develop best practices for future populations, and create tailored programs that address patients’ needs.
“Pillo Remotely closes the feedback loop between the patient, provider, and professional caregiver, ensuring medication adherence and lifestyle data is accessible, organized, and up-to-the-minute in one place,” said Emanuele Musini, CEO of Pillo Health. “Pillo Remotely transforms reactive, episodic patient-care team interactions into relationships that are proactive, continuous, and collaborative by creating a more efficient way to facilitate communications between caregivers and patients at scale.”