– The OnMed Station allows users to have real-time consultations with a doctor or advanced practice provider via high definition video and audio.
– Innovative telemedicine station is being deployed inside the hospital as part of the Team Member Health program and staff members now have access to the OnMed Station
OnMed®, an innovative health technology company providing affordable access to quality care, today announced a partnership and first deployment of its breakthrough telemedicine station with Tampa General Hospital. Staff members now have access to the OnMed Station for virtual life-sized consultations with physicians and automated pharmaceutical services.
OnMed Station How It Works
The OnMed Station design is patented domestically and internationally and can be used in hospitals, colleges, airports, hotels, large private employers and other locations. The station allows users to have real-time consultations with a doctor or advanced practice provider via high definition video and audio. In addition, it enables doctors to prescribe and dispense hundreds of common medications through a secure, automated vault, saving users a trip to the pharmacy. For example, those who may be experiencing common ailments such as strep throat, or sinus infections can walk away with a diagnosis and antibiotic medication within minutes, not hours.
OnMed Station Features
Features of the OnMed Station includes:
– Height, weight and BMI measurements
– Dispensing of hundreds of common medications
– Thermal imaging to read body temperature and diagnose infection
– Readings of blood pressure, respiration, and blood oxygen saturation
– Audio and visual inspection of vitals in HD video and audio
– High-output ultraviolet surface and air sanitization to eliminate pathogens after every patient visit
– Exam room protected by privacy glass
– Live and life-size physician encounter
– Option to securely transmit results to primary care physicians
– Ability to provide paper prescriptions, e-prescriptions to preferred pharmacies, referrals and self-service lab kits for diagnostic testing
Strategy to Deploy More Multiple Stations Throughout Community
“Following the initial placement, Tampa General Hospital is developing a strategy to deploy multiple stations throughout the community. For example, we are looking to partner with OnMed to place this innovative health technology station in various public consumer-facing areas, such as local schools and airports. Right now, we are committed to prioritizing the wellness of our own Team Members by providing them access to instant care, when they need it. We believe the OnMed Station will prove valuable for our teams,” said Adam Smith, senior vice president of Ambulatory Services for Tampa General Hospital.