– Intersystem unveils its newest offering, Clean Data as a Solution at InterSystems Global Summit 2019, the company’s annual conference held in Boston.
– A clean data set means there are no duplicate records, formatting errors, incorrect information, or mismatched terminology.
– Clean Data as a Solution ingests, cleans, and normalizes healthcare data for use in analytics and machine learning applications.
InterSystems, a provider of information technology platforms for health, business, and government applications, announced Clean Data as a Solution, the newest offering in the family of HealthShare Managed Solutions. The new offering will help healthcare organizations leverage their data for improved analytics and machine learning.
Quality Care Is Dependent on Clean, Quality Data
The future of healthcare requires the analysis and application of clean data to ensure business operations run smoothly and patients receive optimal care. Clean Data as a Solution enables healthcare organizations to clean, normalize, aggregate, and interpret data quickly and accurately, opening the door to more advanced, automated applications.
The condition of a healthcare organization’s data can have major implications for the business – from operations to revenue. In fact, according to Gartner, the average financial impact of poor data quality on any organization is $9.7 million per year. To capitalize on the opportunities available, many healthcare organizations are using machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI) models to centralize and analyze data sets from multiple sources.
At the core of analytics, dashboards, population health management, AI, and machine learning is clean, comprehensive, and normalized data. In today’s complex healthcare environment, data can provide valuable insights to healthcare providers, payers, patients, life sciences companies, and contract research organizations (CRO).
“Quality healthcare is dependent on a pipeline of clean, reliable data which can be applied to all care scenarios,” said Don Woodlock, Vice President of HealthShare. “There is no machine learning without data. Just as clean water is essential to public health, clean data is essential to digital health. Clean Data as a Solution offers providers, payers, and patients a clean data set to accelerate the application of AI and machine learning-driven insights.”
Clean Data as a Solution Capabilities Overview
A clean data set means there are no duplicate records, formatting errors, incorrect information, or mismatched terminology. Clean Data as a Solution includes the following capabilities:
– Product and data normalization functionality to support the relevant use cases. This may include integration, patient matching, aggregation, normalization, terminology, and enrichment, de-duplication into a unified care record, clinical viewing capabilities, etc.
– Implementation services specifically focused on the clean data use case.
– All services typically included in a HealthShare Managed Solution, e.g., hosting, ongoing maintenance and operation, support, periodic upgrades and sophisticated security and data protection.
Clean Data as a Solution draws on the decades of experience InterSystems has in helping its customers and partners consume data in their preferred format. All Clean Data as a Solution deployment will be configured to specific customer needs.