Health Wildcatters, the Southwest’s first healthcare seed accelerator announced the twelve companies chosen for the inaugural Dallas accelerator program. The mentor-driven program focuses on healthcare innovation driven startups to improve quality of care and save lives. Similar to other healthcare technology based incubators, Health Wildcatters will focus on innovation in healthcare IT, SaaS, digital health and mobile health companies, medical devices, diagnostic and pharma.
During the three-month accelerator program, the teams will paired with over 70 mentors to prepare their companies for investment and position themselves for growth. The 12 week program is broken into three phases:
Six of selected companies are relocating to Dallas for this opportunity.Each selected startup will receive $30k in startup funding with the potential to receive up to an additional $250k in follow-on funding.
Here is a brief introduction Health Wildcatters inaugural class of 12 startups:
- 20over8 develops a vision testing system that goes beyond the standard eye chart to reflect realistic, real-world testing conditions.
- Care Starter is an app that gives patients access to information and resources to help them manage their life with a chronic medical condition.
- Cariloop hosts a digital platform to access real time information about geriatric care and service providers.
- Fraud ID Standard Technology is a patent pending system of preventing healthcare fraud through a real-time database system.
- KinesioKinect enables the mainstream use of mobile technologies and motion sensors to lower healthcare costs while improving patient outcomes.
- MakeMyPlate is a smart engine that guides the decision making process for daily food intake by making the process visual, fun, and easy.
- MyCounsel delivers mental healthcare providers and consumers greater access to data-based care, while improving many broader societal issues.
- NeuroTek develops a non-invasive, electronic neuromodulation devices for the treatment of migraines and other diseases.
- PT PAL’s app stores, schedules and tracks personal physical therapy exercises in a way that is intuitive and convenient while also tracking compliance.
- Remind Technologies develops patient-centric medication adherence technologies that allow patients to be in charge of their own health.
- Socrates Health Solutions has invented a non-invasive blood glucose monitoring system.
- SPAtaneity is a professional nail salon experience for those living with diabetes, cancer, and other immune-suppressed conditions.
For more information, see our recent interview with Health Wildcatters Co-Founder, Dr. Hubert Zajicek here