What You Should Know:
– Truveta, a consortium of 30 health systems united in “Saving Lives with Data,” has secured a significant partnership with the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
– This collaboration will leverage Truveta’s vast repository of real-world healthcare data to empower CDC researchers in tackling pressing public health challenges, including COVID-19, maternal health, and pediatric care.
Unprecedented Data Access for COVID-19 Insights
Truveta will provide the CDC with access to anonymized electronic health record (EHR) data from over 100 million patients, offering a comprehensive and timely snapshot of real-world healthcare experiences. This unprecedented access will equip CDC researchers with novel insights into:
- SARS-CoV-2 variants: Understanding the spread and impact of new variants is crucial for informing public health measures and vaccine strategies.
- Vaccinations and testing: Truveta’s data can reveal the effectiveness of vaccination and testing programs, helping optimize resource allocation and improve public health outcomes.
- Re-infection and long-term effects: Studying re-infection patterns and long-term health impacts of COVID-19 will be vital for developing effective treatment strategies and managing long-term consequences.
Beyond COVID-19: Maternal and Pediatric Health Research
The collaboration extends beyond COVID-19, providing valuable data for research on critical areas like maternal and pediatric health. This includes:
- Maternal health: Truveta’s data can shed light on pregnancy and childbirth complications, leading to improved prenatal care and maternal health outcomes.
- Pediatric care: Studying childhood illnesses and healthcare utilization through Truveta’s data can inform preventive measures and optimize pediatric care delivery.
“As the coronavirus pandemic began ravaging our country and the world, Truveta was formed in 2020 to bring together data that would enable faster answers and better care,” said Truveta CEO Terry Myerson. “This is a full-circle moment for Truveta to provide the CDC with regulatory-grade data and powerful analytics to enable scientifically rigorous research on COVID and other major public health concerns that improves care for us all. We are honored that our unique data will help the CDC advance its mission of working 24/7 to save lives and protect people.”