What You Should Know:
– Darena Solutions, Leidos, and SLI Compliance join forces to launch a first-of-its-kind verification program for AI applications in healthcare. This healthcare AI app verification program aims to bridge the gap between the growing demand for AI and the challenges of integrating it seamlessly with Electronic Health Records (EHRs).
– This initiative represents the first time two ONC-approved test labs have collaborated on such a program. Darena Solutions brings its MeldRx platform, streamlining AI app development and deployment. Leidos, with over 20 years of experience in security and healthcare product certification, offers its AT&E expertise. SLI Compliance, an ONC-ATL and ONC-ACB, contributes its expertise in health IT testing and certification.
Challenges in AI Integration with EHRs
The healthcare industry is witnessing a surge in AI innovation, but its integration with EHRs remains a critical challenge. This new initiative bridges this gap by providing a robust verification process tailored for AI applications built using SMART on FHIR. This approach ensures interoperability across diverse EHR systems, promotes trust, and enhances patient care through seamless data access. Darena Solutions’ MeldRx platform will simplify the development, testing, and deployment of verified AI applications.
Key Objectives of the Initiative
– Vetting AI Apps: Rigorously evaluating AI applications for alignment with clinical, technical, and ethical standards.
– Seamless Integration with EHRs: Facilitating interoperability across various EHR systems for improved data access and patient care.
– Promoting Trust: Providing healthcare professionals and patients with confidence in AI applications through a thorough verification process.
This initiative represents a major leap forward in the seamless and trustworthy integration of AI into healthcare. As Pawan Jindal, MD, Founder and CEO of Darena Solutions, stated: “This collaboration marks a significant step toward ensuring that these solutions not only integrate seamlessly but are also trustworthy and clinically beneficial.”