What You Should Know:
- Mayo Clinic and GE HealthCare has formed a strategic healthcare collaboration for research and product development programs aimed to transform the experience of patients and clinicians in the practice of radiology and the delivery of novel therapies.
- The Strategic Collaboration for Innovation in Medical Imaging and Theranostics comprises Mayo Clinic and GE HealthCare scientists, technology developers, clinicians and other healthcare providers. The partnership seeks to better equip clinicians with technology to precisely diagnose and treat medical conditions and personalize the patient experience at each step of their care journey through the clinical translation of novel technologies and approaches to medical imaging and theranostics.
Strategic Collaboration for Innovation in Medical Imaging and Theranostics Focus Areas
The Strategic Collaboration for Innovation in Medical Imaging and Theranostics will deepen the collaborative efforts by focusing on four core areas:
- Rapidly accelerating the development and clinical translation of advanced Magnetic Resonance (MR) technologies and techniques, transforming patient care through artificial intelligence (AI) enabled exams from order to report.
- Transforming cancer care through precise imaging and dosimetry of highly targeted theranostic agents and enabling broader access through more efficient radioisotope production.
- Making diagnostic and interventional ultrasound easier and faster to use and read, while advancing automation and quantification to improve patient access, consistency of care and clinician experience.
- Improving the patient imaging experience across the care continuum by leveraging multi-modal data, AI and digital health platforms that together streamline clinical operations and support more personalized diagnosis and therapy.
Collaboration activities and research will take place at Mayo Clinic’s campus in Rochester, Minnesota.