What You Should Know:
– Epic forms strategic partnership with Milliman MedInsight to offer advanced analytics to Epic customers.
– As part of the strategic partnership, Milliman MedInsight will integrate with Epic’s new Value-Based Performance Management module.
– Epic customers will be able to leverage the unparalleled expertise of two leading healthcare technology companies to build the foundation for population health improvement strategies. Epic’s new Value-Based Performance Management module will be available to the market in 2023.
Epic’s New Value-Based Performance Management Module
Customers of Epic’s new Value-Based Performance Management module will be able to access industry standard methodologies from Milliman MedInsight, including:
– Utilization, cost, and provider efficiency measurement analytics,
– Stratifying patient populations using predictive risk modeling and chronic condition hierarchies
– Evaluating performance against the gold standard MedInsight benchmarks.
These enhanced capabilities will be fully integrated into the Epic Value-Based Performance Management module. MedInsight’s contextualized insights will allow Epic customers to not only understand the drivers of financial and health risk, but also how to act in ways that will bring them closer to achieving their population health goals.
“I’m thrilled with the promise that this strategic and collaborative relationship brings to our mission to improve healthcare quality and affordability,” said Kent Sacia, Milliman MedInsight’s founder and CEO. “Epic and Milliman MedInsight share a commitment to value-based care, and together, we bring unrivalled and synergistic technology to Epic’s customers.”