What You Should Know:
– CareDx, Inc. (Nasdaq: CDNA), a precision medicine company focused on the discovery, development, and commercialization of clinically differentiated, high-value healthcare solutions for transplant patients and caregivers, today announced it has acquired MedActionPlan®, a New Jersey-based provider of medication safety and adherence technology and patient education.
– MedActionPlan programs have been proven to improve adherence, reduce healthcare costs, and increase patient satisfaction.
Acquisition Benefits for CareDx
The acquisition complements CareDx’s goal of connecting offerings for transplant patients, including:
– MedActionPlan PRO: a medication management and adherence platform to simplify post-transplant medication regimens. It is used by more than 100 healthcare systems, with the majority being also transplant centers, to simplify post-transplant medication regimens.
– MyMedSchedule® Plus: a companion mobile app that works with MedActionPlan PRO to provide patients with up-to-date medication schedules and medication reminders to reinforce adherence.
– Patient Connect & MedActionPlan Dashboard: a tool that allows the healthcare team to monitor a patient’s progress and send medication schedule updates.
“Medication adherence and education are cornerstones to good transplant outcomes, and fit seamlessly with our suite of patient solutions,” said Reg Seeto, CEO at CareDx. “We look forward to building on MedActionPlan’s expertise and strong foundation to deliver solutions that are integrated with transplant centers to work seamlessly for transplant patients.”