What You Should Know:
– RapidSOS, NYC-based digital health announced it has raised $85M in Series C funding led by Insight Partners, bringing the company’s total funding to $200M
– Founded in 2012, RapidSOS has created the world’s first emergency response data platform that securely links life-saving data from 350M+ connected devices to emergency services and first responders. Through the platform, RapidSOS provides intelligent data that supports over 4,800 Emergency Communications Centers worldwide, across 150 million emergencies in 2020. Together with innovative companies recognized as RapidSOS Ready, RapidSOS is supporting first responders in saving millions of lives annually.
– To date, the RapidSOS Platform powers 4,800+ Emergency Communications Centers (ECCs) across the US, covering 92% of the population, and is integrated with over 350 million connected devices. These devices, recognized as RapidSOS Ready, transmit real-time location, health and medical information, connected building and alarm data, and more in an emergency.
– For example, the RapidSOS Platform connects data from the following sources with 911 and first responders in an emergency: crash impact and occupant data from connected vehicles, critical health and medical information from medical profiles, wearables and devices, and alarm information, address, sensor data, and multimedia from connected buildings.
– With the support of Insight Partners and existing investors, RapidSOS plans to accelerate its partnership with first responders globally, supporting their life-saving work with critical data from hundreds of millions of devices.