What You Should Know:
– Holy Name Medical Center based in New Jersey and Israel’s Sheba Medical Center, the largest medical center in the Middle East announced a strategic partnership to develop digital health and telehealth solutions, The Times of Israel reports.
– As part of the partnership, Holy Name’s team will Sheba’s ARC (Accelerate, Redesign, Collaborate) Innovation Center with the focus of identifying clinical needs and developing solutions to medical challenges.
– ARC Innovation brings new technologies into the hospital and community healthcare ecosystem to further improve patient care. It enables data fluidity and integration amongst innovators; scientists; startups; high-level developers; large and small companies; investors; and academia all under one roof.
– ARC includes six medical tracks, with a senior Sheba physician leading each: telemedicine, precision medicine, digital innovation focusing on big data and artificial intelligence, augmented and virtual reality, rehabilitation and surgical innovation.
– “Working in tandem with Sheba will enable us to participate in an open collaboration with world leaders in global healthcare innovation, all of us working together to find new and innovative ways to deliver patient care,” said Holy Name Medical Center, President & CEO Michael Maron in a statement.