What You Should Know:
– Intermountain Healthcare announced it will scale Notable’s AI-driven platform across the health system’s clinically integrated network to support thousands of providers, automate administrative workflows, streamline the check-in experience for patients, and simplify provider follow-up.
– The Notable Platform uses intelligent automation to identify and engage more patients in need of care and enables staff and clinicians to better serve patients by eliminating manual, administrative tasks like registration, documentation, and billing.
Intermountain Healthcare, today announced it is partnering with Notable Health to reimagine the manual, repetitive administrative aspects of patient intake and post-visit follow-up into a fully automated, intuitive digital experience across the health system’s clinically integrated network (CIN).
Empowering Digital Transformation from Check-In Through Collections
Intermountain is harnessing Notable Health’s platform to digitally transform ambulatory check-ins through mobile registration and virtual clinical intake for both in-person and telemedicine appointments. Available within general internal medicine groups in the Salt Lake City region, over 55 percent of patients from these clinics are now completing their entire digital check-in prior to their office visit, decreasing check-in time by 25 percent. Intermountain reports an industry-leading 94 percent patient satisfaction rating for their digital check-in and registration experience, including 86 percent for patients 65 and older.
Notable extends the capabilities of My Health+, Intermountain’s health app, with digital assistants that automate administrative workflows for staff, streamline the check-in experience for patients and simplify follow-up for providers. Following an initial deployment that went live in under one month and results realized across over 100 providers, Intermountain will scale the Notable Platform to support thousands of providers within additional specialties and states across the clinically integrated network in the coming months.
Initial Notable Deployment Outcomes/Results for Intermountain
Intermountain patients benefit from a digital intake process that assists with registration, verifies insurance eligibility, and prompts patients to enter symptoms and medications directly from their smartphone through dynamic questionnaires customized for an individual’s medical history. The platform enables patients to complete their entire check-in before their visit for a touchless, paper-free experience. This reduces the number of people in waiting rooms, and patients can be offered virtual visit options when appropriate.
Today’s announcement comes after general internal medicine groups in the Salt Lake City region generated significant results across 100+ Intermountain providers:
· By automating clinical documentation through the Notable Platform, Intermountain medical assistants save 30 minutes of charting time per day;
· More than half of patients now complete their entire digital check-in prior to their office visit, decreasing check-in time by 25%; and
· Patient satisfaction ratings for digital check-in and registration have topped 94%, including 86% for patients 65 and older.
“Creating a more seamless and empowered consumer experience is critical to meeting evolving patient expectations. This starts with digitally transforming the complex process of accessing and registering for care,” said Kevan Mabbutt, senior vice president and chief consumer officer at Intermountain. “By engaging patients to provide information through My Health+ about their health before their visit, we can better address what type of care our patients need, and where and when they can receive it across the care delivery continuum.”