– CarePort Health, a provider of care coordination and post-acute outcomes management, announces that CarePort Transition Extender is now available in the Epic App Orchard marketplace.
– With the Transition Extender, Epic EHR users can embed CarePort Transition, a post-acute referral management application, within their discharge planning workflow to streamline the creation, sending and management of post-acute referrals from directly within the EHR.
CarePort Health, a pioneer in care coordination and post-acute outcomes management, today announced the availability of CarePort Transition Extender within the Epic App Orchard marketplace. Patient’s health outcomes heavily depend on the first transition out of the hospital, especially for this vulnerable patient population transitioning into post-acute care- making it imperative that discharge planners make transitions as efficient and seamless as possible.
With the Transition Extender, Epic EHR users can embed CarePort Transition, a post-acute referral management application, within their discharge planning workflow to streamline the creation, sending and management of post-acute referrals from directly within the EHR. Additionally, the platform seamlessly incorporates clinical data into the referral packet with flexible integration offerings.
CarePort Transition Benefits
– Some benefits of expediting and streamlining patient referrals and transitions with CarePort Transition include:
– Improves patient and financial outcomes and decreases discharge delays
– Ensures the Epic end user never has to leave the EHR workflow, which is critical to achieving more efficient and effective referrals and care transitions
– Extends EHR functionality and helps users comply with regulatory mandates like the recent IMPACT Act discharge planning requirements
– Engaging patients and families during post-acute selection and suggesting high-quality care options
– Access to quality and resource use measures regarding every Medicare-certified post-acute facility nationwide
Available now in the App Orchard marketplace, Transition Extender provides access to CarePort Transition directly from the patient record within Epic. Transition Extender is the second CarePort application listed in App Orchard. CarePort Guide, a post-acute provider database and patient choice application, is also available within the marketplace.