– Humana and Epione Health team up to offer a patient-centered experience for Humana Medicare Advantage members in Oklahoma.
– Humana Medicare Advantage HMO and PPO plan patients will benefit from this relationship as the support offered by Humana enables Epione’s doctors to focus on patient care.
Humana Inc., today announced it has collaborated with Epione Health of Oklahoma, LLC on a value-based care agreement designed to offer a coordinated, patient-centered experience to help Humana Medicare Advantage members in Oklahoma achieve their best health. Under this new agreement, Humana Medicare Advantage HMO and PPO plan patients will benefit from this relationship as the support offered by Humana enables Epione’s doctors to focus on patient care.
Humana’s Medicare Advantage HMO and PPO plan members in Atoka, Bryan, Canadian, Carter, Choctaw, Cleveland, Coal, Comanche, Garvin, Grady, Jefferson, Johnston, Kingfisher, Lincoln, Logan, Love, McClain, Murray, Oklahoma, Payne, Pontotoc, Pottawatomie, and Stephens counties will have in-network access to Epione’s physicians and facilities throughout Oklahoma City and southern Oklahoma.
Value-Based Care Agreement Details
The value-based care agreement with Epione is in keeping with Humana’s longstanding commitment to value-based care, which emphasizes:
– Personal time with health professionals and personalized care that is tailored to each person’s unique health situation
– Access to proactive health screenings and programs that are focused on preventing illness
– Improved care for people living with chronic conditions with a focus on avoiding health complications
– Leveraging technologies, such as data analytics, that connect physicians and help them work as a team to coordinate care around the patient
– Reimbursement to physicians linked to the health outcomes of their patients rather than solely on the quantity of services they provide (fee-for-service)
Epione Model of Care
Epione offers a model for care in Oklahoma City and southern Oklahoma that places primary care physicians at the center of healthcare, and supports their operational, technology and practice management needs. In this way, Epione frees primary care physicians to place additional focus on the care of patients. Epione’s model, which is fully integrated with a robust network of like-minded hospitals and ancillary and specialty providers, offers patients a seamless care experience designed to improve their overall health and quality of life.
“Epione Health of Oklahoma is excited to partner with Humana, a respected organization that shares our commitment to supporting the power of independent physicians to provide higher quality, coordinated care that not only improves patient health outcomes but lowers overall health costs,” said Dr. Deepak Jaiswal, Chairman of the Board & Chief Medical Officer, Epione Health. “We are proud to extend our care programs to Humana Medicare Advantage members driving exceptional value-based care to patients.” He added, “This relationship will go a long way in strengthening both organizations’ ability to be successful in value-based care contracts.”
As of Sept. 30, 2019, Humana has more than 2.3 million individual Medicare Advantage members and approximately 115,000 commercial members who are cared for by more than 60,000 primary care physicians in more than 1,000 value-based relationships across 43 states and Puerto Rico. Humana’s total Medicare Advantage membership is more than four million members, which includes members affiliated with providers in value-based and standard Medicare Advantage settings.