– AdvaMed launches Center for Digital Health, an advocacy platform to drive data-driven healthcare
– The Center for Digital Health includes a wide range of medical and digital technology companies that are leveraging health care data and technology innovation to enable new insights, support health and wellness, improve patient interventions and outcomes and enhance the quality and efficiency of healthcare delivery.
The Advanced Medical Technology Association (AdvaMed) today announced the launch of its Center for Digital Health, a new advocacy platform designed to advance digital health and the contributions of the medical technology industry to data-driven healthcare.
The new Center builds on the success of the association’s Digital Health Sector, which was established in 2016 to serve the unique needs of companies in the burgeoning digital health space. AdvaMed’s Center for Digital Health will expand on that mission, addressing an ever-broadening set of issues that cut across industries – some of which are new to the health care arena – and a wide-ranging set of technologies and data uses that are increasingly pervasive across the medtech industry and in healthcare.
The Center for Digital Health includes a wide range of medical and digital technology companies that are leveraging health care data and technology innovation to enable new insights, support health, and wellness, improve patient interventions and outcomes, and enhance the quality and the efficiency of health care delivery.
The Center provides AdvaMed member companies opportunities to:
– Explore digital health trends, challenges, and opportunities;
– Network with and learn from peers;
– Develop and advocate for public policy positions; and
– Engage with stakeholders and policymakers in the U.S. and around the world.
In addition, the Center’s web site aims to be a resource for digital health stakeholders for access to FDA, CMS, and other policy documents and timely information key issues including information privacy, AI, cybersecurity, and more.
Why It Matters
“Digital technologies and data-enabled insights and interventions are fundamentally changing how patient care is delivered,” said Andy Fish, chief strategy officer, AdvaMed. “This new era of care will be revolutionary, not just evolutionary, but we’re still in new territory and there are barriers to overcome on the way to a future in which the promise of digital health is fully realized. Our new Center is focused on ensuring that regulatory, payment and delivery system reforms will accelerate and expand access to innovative digital health technologies and solutions.”