– Withings Move ECG, the world’s first analog watch to record an electrocardiogram (ECG) on-demand, is now available in Europe, following CE marking for medical devices.
– Move ECG syncs automatically with the accompanying Health Mate app, which instantaneously classifies the user’s heart rhythm as AFib or normal sinus rhythm.
– Move ECG is available today at the price of €129.95/£129.95 at withings.com and main retail partners and works both on iOS and Android.
Withings Move ECG, the world’s first analog watch to instantly record an electrocardiogram (ECG) on-demand, has received CE marking for medical devices and is now commercially shipping in Europe. It is slated to roll out in the U.S. in Q4, following FDA clearance.
Instant AFib Detection
Built-in an analog watch that also tracks activity and sleep levels, Move ECG allows users to record an ECG to detect atrial fibrillation (AFib), a heart condition that is often underdiagnosed as it can be intermittent, at any time. It offers a one-year battery life and all data syncs with the accompanying Health Mate app. Through the app, users can see their readings and trends as well as easily share information with their physicians.
Detect Irregular Heart Rhythm
Move ECG includes three electrodes with two discreetly integrated inside the main body of the watch and the third electrode in the stainless steel bezel of the watch. When users experience symptoms such as palpitation, they simply need to push the side button and touch both sides of the bezel to start recording an electrocardiogram anytime, anywhere, similar to a single-lead ECG. After 30 seconds of measurement, Move ECG vibrates to notify users that the reading is complete. The electrical signal is then analyzed via a proprietary algorithm that has been developed with cardiologists and trained using thousands of ECG signals so that it can detect irregular heart rhythm.
Integration with Health Mate App
The watch syncs automatically with the accompanying Health Mate app, which instantaneously classifies the user’s heart rhythm as AFib or normal sinus rhythm. During the measurement, the user can see its live electrocardiogram displayed on the app, but can also record an ECG without its smartphone and synchronize it later to know its classification.
A history of all recordings, their associated classifications and any noted comments or symptoms are stored in the app. Data collected can easily be shared through an automatically generated PDF to a doctor or healthcare professional that can help assist with early diagnosis and prevention. Health Mate connects with more than 100 third-party apps such as Apple Health, Google Fit, or MyFitnessPal to help people manage their health and wellness from multiple sources.
All Day and All Night Tracking Features
Move ECG features advanced activity and sleep tracking features users have come to expect from Withings including:
– Automatic recognition of daily activities including walking, running, swimming and for the first time on a Withings watch, cycling and stairs climbed. Sessions that are automatically detected are recorded in the Health Mate app, which shows the duration and calories burned during a given activity. Overall daily and weekly steps, calories burned, floors climbed and distance are also shown within the app.
– On-demand workout mode allows users to record a specific session by pressing a button on the watch to activate its connected GPS (via BLE) feature. Pace, time and distance are shown in real-time on a paired smartphone, and the workout route is mapped after the session in the Health Mate app.
– Water resistance up to 50 meters and up to 12 months battery life.
– Sophisticated sleep monitoring and analysis of sleep patterns, including the length, depth and quality of sleep.
– Smart Wake-up that will wake users with vibration alarms at the most optimal times during their sleep cycle.
– Provision of preparatory Sleep Score based on data such as sleep duration, depth regularity and interruptions.
– Access to the Sleep Smarter Program, consisting of eight weeks of recommendations to improve sleep patterns.
Move ECG is available today at the price of €129.95/£129.95 at withings.com and main retail partners and works both on iOS and Android. Its watch face is available in both white and black, and people are able to choose from a variety of wristband colors to complement each user’s personal style. Withings Move ECG is slated to become available in the U.S. during Q4 2019, following FDA clearance.