The clinical decision support systems (CDSS) market is expected to grow from $3.79B in 2018 to $6.4B in 2024, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 9.3%, according to Frost & Sullivan’s recent analysis. The new report, US Clinical Decision Support Systems Market, Forecast to 2024, analyzes the latest trends impacting the CDSS space including market growth in clinical knowledge and medical evidence, healthcare analytics, workflow solutions, EHRs, medical devices, data support, clinical surveillance, and CDS platforms. It also studies the impact of changes in regulation and technologies on the market outlook.
CDSS Key Market Divers (2019-2024)
1. Managing Costs
2. Managing Complexity
3. Value-based Medicine
CDSS Key Growth Opportunities
Over the forecast period, CDSS is expected to find significant market growth opportunities in:
1. Adoption in the area of patient surveillance and as an essential interface between EHR complexity and the clinical workflow.
2. Making systems interoperable; hospital administrators should push aggressively for this to happen.
3. Extending services to cover population health to improve patient outcomes and augment the role of clinical data in driving success.
4. Studying the results of in-place clinical surveillance systems and evaluating the potential to create measurable value propositions.
5. Using automation to communicate directly with the patient and EHR for important, but not critical, actions.
6. Ensuring that patient portals or text-based systems are optimized according to the need of the patients.
Why It Matters
“With the delivery of healthcare becoming more complex, there is an urgent need for a superior user interface, both to reduce the load on the physician, as well as ensure that the physician is informed of the latest treatment options and protocols,” said Mike Jude, Research Manager, Digital Health. “The trend towards more regulatory oversight and the adoption of new information technology will further drive the need for CDS.”