Novo Nordisk, a global leader in the diabetes space, is seizing the opportunity to advance care and leverage digital health technology through the Novo Nordisk Innovation Challenge. With support from MATTER, a prominent incubator and innovation hub, Novo Nordisk is challenging start-ups, researchers, entrepreneurs, and students to explore, design; and co-develop digital health solutions for the more than 400 million people living with diabetes worldwide.
The first phase of the challenge is an open call to submit creative solutions for diabetes management by October 26. The solution must address one or a combination of the following needs of people living with diabetes:
– Data Sharing: How might we combine pen injector data with other relevant health data to incentivize and enable patients to actively collect, manage and share their health data with their physician or caregiver?
– Titration: How might we optimize medicine titration and treatment decisions for people living with diabetes?
– Dialogue: How might we support the patient and provider dialogue in, and between, clinical visits to improve treatment and care?
– Health Insights: How might we combine pen injector data with other relevant health data to develop actionable population health insights, targeted treatment care plans and novel business models that support improved care and outcomes?
· Ten to fifteen semi-finalists will present their ideas at a three-day boot camp with mentors from Novo Nordisk and MATTER in advance of a final pitch competition and demo day on December 5.
· From there, three to five teams will be chosen to receive $25,000 and a one-year opportunity to build their technology directly with Novo Nordisk, beginning with a 12-week, semi-virtual accelerator program at MATTER. Program participants will build and test their solutions with Novo Nordisk mentors, MATTER staff and stakeholders from across the healthcare community.
“By bringing together bright minds, the healthcare startup community and our experience from developing digital health solutions, we aspire to further accelerate innovation to the benefits of those living with diabetes,“ said Kenneth Strømdahl, Senior Vice President of Device R&D at Novo Nordisk.
Applications are due October 26, 2018 at 11:59pm CST.