Today, HIMSS unveiled its inaugural Annual Most Influential Women in Health IT Awards, an awards program recognizing influential women at all stages of their career progressions. Scheduled to kick off in Fall 2016, the award ceremony is part of a new HIMSS initiative dedicated to addressing the gender gap in health IT and the need for more recognition of women sector-wide.
The Most Influential Women in Health IT Awards features a judging panel of top female leaders who will define the nomination criteria across several different categories, and select awardees.
HIMSS’ 2016 Most Influential Women in Health IT Awards judges:
– Dana Alexander, RN, MSN, MBA, FAAN, FHIMSS, Vice President of Divurgent Technologies; FY16 Chairwoman of the HIMSS North America Board of Directors
– Diane M. Carr, MA, FHIMSS, Deputy Executive Director for Operations, North Bronx Healthcare Network
– Molly Coye, MD, MPH, Social Entrepreneur in Residence, Network for Excellence in Health Innovation
– Jennifer Dennard, Founder, #HealthITChicks
– Adrienne Edens, MA, FCHIME, FHIMSS, Chief Information Officer, Valley Area at Sutter Health
– Willa Fields, DNSc, RN, FHIMSS, Professor at San Diego State University, FY13 Chairwoman of the HIMSS Board of Directors
– Denise Hines, DHA, PMP, FHIMSS, CEO of eHealth Services Group; FY18 Chairwoman of the HIMSS North America Board of Directors
– Regina Holliday, Founder, The Walking Gallery
– Carla Smith, MA, CNM, FHIMSS, Executive Vice President, HIMSS
In addition to the Most Influential Women in Health IT Awards– HIMSS has also introduced several new initiatives honoring the contributions women have made in health IT, and is committed to adding gender-focused resources for networking, mentoring and career advancement.
HIMSS 2016 initiatives for women include:
– HIMSS16 Annual Women in Health IT Networking Reception
– HIMSS16 Women in Health IT Roundtable – Empowering Women in Health IT Through Recognition, Resources and Access
– Curated content and resources via a special section dedicated to #WomenInHIT on HealthcareITNews.com
– A monthly eNewsletter, featuring exclusive content and career resources dedicated to women
– Publishing research on gender-based assessments of career compensation
– Most Influential Women in Health IT special August issue of Healthcare IT News