Kinsa, the company behind the world’s first FDA-cleared smartphone-connected thermometer, has announced the launch of its second connected health device, a wireless Smart Ear Thermometer on Indiegogo that provides instant and accurate temperature readings at the push of a button. Kinsa’s Smart Ear Thermometer is the first to combine temperature readings with symptom tracking and actionable next steps based on key health indicators.
The device is now available for pre-order on Indiegogo this week starting at $29.99. Funds from the Indiegogo campaign will be used to support the growth of Kinsa’s FLUency initiative, which provides Kinsa thermometers to all families at 100 schools nationwide to help stop the spread of illness during flu season. Kinsa’s network of connected thermometers also offers helpful insights on common illnesses that may be circulating within a child’s school – a welcome relief to concerned parents and caregivers.
“Just as Nest reimagined ordinary devices for the home, Kinsa’s Smart Thermometers bring more value and provide guidance on what to do next,” says Dr. Beth Seidenberg, partner at KPCB and Kinsa board member. “Ultimately, the company has developed a technology platform that will help communities better identify, treat and stop the spread of illness, all with a device that every household should own.”
Kinsa Smart Ear Key Features
Kinsa’s technology, design and mission are well represented across key features of its Smart Ear Thermometer, including:
– Fast: One-second accurate temperature readings
– Agile: Use alone or wirelessly with iOS or Android smartphone
– Gentle: Perfect for sleeping babies and active kids
– Time-stamped: Stores temperature history (for multiple family members) each with time stamped fever information
– Remembers: Easily tracks symptoms, medications and photos
– Simple: One-button operation plus bigger screen than competitive offerings, and a playful smile/frown face when fever is indicated
– Community-minded: Indicates common symptoms experienced in the child’s school
– Guidance: Kinsa’s companion app provides guidance and recommendations for what should be done next, based on key health indicators
Indiegogo Campaign: Manufacturing & Fulfillment
Indiegogo backers can expect to receive their Smart Ear Thermometers this November. By the holiday season, the general public will be able to purchase the thermometer online and on shelves alongside the original Kinsa Smart Stick thermometer, which is currently in nearly 7,000 retail locations.
To contribute to Kinsa’s Smart Ear Thermometer Indiegogo campaign, visit https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/kinsa-smart-ear-thermometer#/story