What You Should Know:
– Dexcom announced launch of Dexcom G7 continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) system in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Austria and Hong Kong, with launches in New Zealand and South Africa in the coming weeks – initiating the global rollout of the world’s most powerful CGM system.
– Dexcom G7 offers a powerful yet simple way to help users gain greater control of their diabetes, so they can manage the disease more confidently each day. Its low-profile, all-in-one wearable warms up faster than any other CGM on the market, sending real-time glucose readings automatically to a compatible smart device§ or receiver, no painful finger sticks† or burdensome scanning required.
– The new CGM system is also expected to launch in New Zealand and South Africa in the weeks ahead, with additional markets planned soon after.
New features with Dexcom G7 include:
– 60 percent smaller, all-in-one, discreet wearable, developed in partnership with Verily
– 30-minute sensor warm up, fastest of any CGM on the market*
– 12-hour grace period to replace finished sensors for a more seamless transition between sessions
– Redesigned and simplified mobile app with Dexcom Clarity integration#,**
– Improved alert settings for enhanced discretion
– Redesigned optional receiver that is smaller, with a more vibrant, easier to read display
– Direct to Apple Watch (anticipated future software release)