What You Should Know:
– Alto Pharmacy (“Alto”), the leader in America’s rapidly expanding digital pharmacy market, raised approximately $200 million in an oversubscribed series E financing round led by returning investor Softbank Vision Fund.
Free hand-delivery to your door
Despite the pandemic, the retail pharmacy industry has been one of the slowest to use technology to improve the customer experience. Founded in 2015, Alto is a full-service pharmacy powered by a team of experts dedicated to making your doctor’s orders their own. From delivering prescriptions to coordinating with insurance, digging for discounts, and answering, Alto works behind the scenes to remove any obstacles standing in the way of your care. Alto has built a seamless customer experience based on using technology plus expert pharmacists to reduce prices for customers, provide easy-to-access expert care, and free same-day delivery. The benefits of this model were recently recognized by the New York City Health Department, which selected Alto as its exclusive partner for serving people in need of COVID-19 antivirals.
How Alto Works
1. Send in a prescription: Create an account to transfer your existing prescription or ask your doctor to send a new prescription to Alto.
2. See your savings: We’ll search for savings on your medication and show you delivery options. We accept most major insurance plans.
3. Receive your delivery: You pick the day and time and we’ll deliver it by hand, for free. No delivery or hidden fees.
In the two years since its series D, Alto has solidified its position as the leader in disrupting the $500 billion retail pharmacy industry, including:
– Growing revenue to over $700 million annual run rate, up more than 100% in the last 12 months
– Expanding to 12 markets across the United States
– Continuing to delight customers, consistently earning a Net Promoter Score of 86, on par with top brands like Tesla and Apple, compared to negative five for the leading retail chain pharmacy
“People are waking up to the need for a better pharmacy solution than standing in line with sick people at a chain pharmacy,” said Matt Gamache-Asselin, co-founder of Alto. “Our team is incredibly proud of the rave reviews we’ve earned from our customers by focusing on lower prices, expert care, and free same-day delivery.”