What You Should Know:
– Today, Amazon announced the launch of the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Healthcare Accelerator program, delivered by KidsX, a global ecosystem of pediatric innovators.
– The AWS Healthcare Accelerator is a four-week technical, business, and mentorship accelerator opportunity open to U.S.-based healthcare startups or international healthcare startups that have existing U.S. operations.
– A cohort of 10 healthcare startup companies with an established product-market fit with existing customers and revenue, who seek to use AWS to help solve the biggest challenges in the healthcare industry, will be selected to participate in this new program.
The program is tailored to accelerate growth in the cloud, with a focus on solutions like remote patient monitoring, voice technology, analytics, patient engagement, and virtual care.
The program provides participants with over 50 hours of support to each startup, AWS Promotional Credits, and access to both the AWS and KidsX global networks to build connections and potentially gain pilots and partnerships.
The program will also bring in healthcare industry leaders to collaborate with startups on topics ranging from defining business models, regulatory pathways, clinical validation, electronic health records (EHR) integration, and more. After the accelerator, AWS and KidsX will continue to check in with accelerator alumni to help continue their progress in achieving the Quadruple Aim.
– July 23: Application Deadline
– September 20th – October 15th: Accelerator Program:
– October 21st: Demo Day