What You Should Know:
– Wellstar Health System has launched Catalyst by Wellstar, a global digital health and innovation center to connect and collaborate with industry-leading corporations, enterprise startups, and universities to fuel innovation.
– To foster meaningful discussion, action, and philanthropy around healthcare innovation, the Catalyst by Wellstar leadership team will participate in a Wellstar Foundation-hosted Innovation Series virtual event on June 15.
– The first Catalyst by Wellstar partnership is an investment in Atlanta-based Engage, a first-of-its-kind collaborative innovation and corporate venture platform. Engage brings together industry-leading corporations, enterprise startups, and universities with the shared mission of elevating Atlanta and the Southeast as a leading technology and innovation hub. Wellstar is the only healthcare company to partner with Engage. Saunders has joined Engage’s board of directors and Capps has been named to the Engage Advisory Board.
Catalyst by Wellstar Overview
Catalyst by Wellstar is the first-of-its-kind global digital health and innovation center created and operated within a health system to holistically address healthcare disruption by harnessing problems, solutions, investments, and partnerships across industries. The center defines and drives leading-edge, transformative solutions that enhance the health and well-being of people and communities with world-class results and impact.
Catalyst by Wellstar is designed to harness, accelerate, optimize, and scale people-centric solutions that:
– Disrupt how Wellstar delivers care to create better patient and provider experiences.
– Maximize quality and safety to improve outcomes while reducing the total cost of care.
– Enhance health and well-being for people through access, engagement, and empowerment.
– Optimize enterprise performance excellence, efficiencies, and productivity.
– Impact communities and the world by designing the future of healthcare.
The center will encompass innovation that drives positive impact related to sustainability, aging and children, and health equity.
“There is endless opportunity to transform healthcare in positive and meaningful ways,” said Dr. Hank Capps, executive vice president and chief information and digital officer, Wellstar Health System. “With Catalyst by Wellstar, our system is poised to purposefully drive innovation faster than the speed of change through thought leadership and collaboration. Our global digital health and innovation center will equip Wellstar to transform the way healthcare is delivered for years to come.”